• What About Halloween?
• Discipline as Guidance
• Gifts for Adolescents
• Children in Nature: Why It Matters
• The Montessori Family's Role
• Spring Cleaning as Brain Food
• Clearing the Clutter Feeds the Brain
• The Hazards of Organized Activities for Children
Under 12 Years Old
• Protecting Children During a Horrific Event
• Happy Feet: Sinking Into the Ocean
• Happy Feet Two: An Incoherent Mishmash of Pop
Culture, Child Peril and Eco-Fear Mongering
• The Child, The Adult and the Prepared
Environment• The Absorbent Mind and the Sensitive Periods• Movement, Intelligence and Independence• Building Trust with Infants and Toddlers• Cosmic Education for Infants and Toddlers• Maria Montessori and Educational Forces
• Out Where the Human Storm Rages• The Extraordinary Gift• The Dissolute Children• The Normal Children• No Exits• Ode to Marriage
Children manifest what nature intends for humans; it is in our nature to be nurtured.
P. Donohue Shortridge
Style Note: My articles and essays include sentences in which the pronouns "he" or "it" are used as a generic reference to "the child."